It’s easy to reach for empty carbs in the morning (bagel, anyone?), but a re-do of your morning meal could be just the thing you need. Having a breakfast high in protein will help you feel full longer and keep you on track with your goals. Check out these tasty breakfast recipes for a protein-packed start to the day.
1. Simple Green Protein Smoothie | Elle Penner: This smoothie delivers 15g of protein to get your day going, and it’s easy to put together! Pour it into a travel mug and head out the door to start your morning commute.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 309; Total Fat: 3g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 6mg; Sodium: 95mg; Carbohydrate: 63g; Dietary Fiber: 6g; Sugar: 47g; Protein: 15g
2. Peanut Butter & Jelly Smoothie | Love & Zest: This kid-friendly Peanut Butter Jelly Smoothie from Love & Zest is packed with nutrition from Greek yogurt, milk, strawberries, and peanut butter! The 17g of protein and good portion of carbohydrates make it a delicious recovery drink post workout.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories: 302; Total Fat: 10g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 7mg; Sodium: 143mg; Carbohydrate: 37g; Dietary Fiber: 4g; Sugar: 30g; Protein: 17g
3. High Protein Oatmeal | Love and Zest: This oatmeal is packed with 10g of protein all thanks to egg whites! For an even bigger protein boost, top with chia seeds or sliced almonds.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories: 240; Total Fat: 3g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 3mg; Sodium: 167mg; Carbohydrate: 44g; Dietary Fiber: 6g; Sugar: 17g; Protein: 11g
4. Southwestern Breakfast Tacos | The Wheatless Kitchen: These tacos have 10g of protein and come together in just 15 minutes! They’re also completely customizable, so feel free to make the recipe your own by tweaking the taco ingredients to your household’s liking.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories: 247; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Monounsaturated Fat: 8g; Cholesterol: 212mg; Sodium: 78mg; Carbohydrate: 17g; Dietary Fiber: 6g; Sugar: 2g; Protein: 10g
5. Power Greens Breakfast Skillet | Elle Penner: This breakfast skillet has 17g of protein and is loaded with dark, leafy greens and sweet, caramelized onions.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 285 ; Total Fat: 16g; Saturated Fat: 7g; Monounsaturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 271mg; Sodium: 357mg; Carbohydrate: 21g; Dietary Fiber: 4g; Sugar: 4g; Protein: 17g