This savory Asian-inspired oatmeal bowl features tofu for creaminess and bok choy for crisp freshness. It’s great for the winter months when you want a warming meal.
Tofu and Bok Choy Porridge
- 2 cups (500 mL) low-sodium chicken stock
- 6 tablespoons (90g) Quaker Quick Cook Oats
- 1/2 cup (120g) tofu, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sauteed garlic
- 1 leek, sliced
- 5 bok choy leaves, cut into 2 cm pieces
Bring chicken stock to slow boil. Add the oats, tofu, sesame oil, black pepper powder, salt and garlic. Stir to mix ingredients and let oatmeal thicken.
Add leeks and bok choy, stirring to incorporate. Cook until the oatmeal is to desired consistency. Serve hot.
Serves: 2 | Serving size: 1/2 of recipe
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 164; Total Fat: 8.6g; Saturated Fat: 4.1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 1.3g; Cholesterol: 1.1mg; Sodium: 141.9mg; Carbohydrate: 20g; Dietary Fiber: 3.5g; Sugar: 2.2g; Protein: 12.1g
*This nutritional information is based on U.S. criteria.