So you’ve got your healthy New Year’s resolution ready for 2024. You’re feeling ready and motivated to lose weight, exercise more, stress less — you name it! Choosing your goal is half the battle. But the other half is pretty important, too…
To achieve big goals and create sustainable change, you need a plan — one made up of small, measurable steps that build momentum and (slowly but surely) get you to where you want to be.
Not sure what we mean? Let’s just say you decide you want to run your first marathon. That’s awesome! But you can’t just lace up your shoes and hit the pavement for 26 miles right away. You need to start small — maybe running just one mile without stopping for a week or two — and then build from there.
Or maybe you want to prioritize your mental health. Also a valiant goal. But where do you start? How do you plan to get there? If you asked us, we’d (obviously) recommend starting with nutrition. When you eat better, you sleep better. And when you sleep better, you feel better. You can exercise more, continue to make healthy decisions, and all of this contributes to improved mental health!
But that’s really just one start line. The most important thing is that you choose where to start and make a plan for how you’ll continue to make progress over time.
Sounds easy enough? Maybe in theory. But the truth is that making realistic plans — ones you can really stick to — is HARD.
In fact, our research shows the majority of people skip the plan making step and end up abandoning their New Year’s resolutions on January 15, just about two weeks into the year!
You already did the work to choose a New Year’s resolution. You’ve shown that you’re ready to commit to unlocking a healthier YOU. But now you need a plan to get there. Well, we (in collaboration with Kate Hudson!) took care of that step for you.
MyFitnessPal’s Small Steps Plan: Dream Big, Start Small
This new 7-day in-app plan is designed to help you approach your 2024 health goals the right way. Because no goal is too big when you break it down into… you guessed it: small steps. Here’s what you need to know:
- Each day during the Plan, you’ll receive knowledge and motivation from Kate Hudson and our team of nutrition experts, along with a “small step” — or habit-building task — to complete by the day’s end.
- You’ll be able to track your progress in the app and, at the end, celebrate seven days of progress toward achieving your New Year’s resolution.
Of course, the journey doesn’t stop there. The habit-forming hacks you learn along the way will help you maintain momentum long after the plan ends.
Ready to Start MyFitnessPal’s Small Steps Plan?
Select the Small Steps Plan from the top of the list and tap the “START PLAN” button.
That’s it! You’re on your way to seven days of small, meaningful steps toward achieving your goal.
Still Not Sure MyFitnessPal Is Right For You?
That’s fair (but, if we didn’t mention it, it is free). Here’s what our members say about MyFitnesspal’s impact on their health and weight journeys, according to a 2023 member survey:
- 79% of members surveyed say MyFitnessPal has helped them achieve their nutrition goals
- 89% of members surveyed say MyFitnessPal has worked for their diet and lifestyles
- 67% of members surveyed say MyFitnessPal has helped them lose weight in 2023
- 87% of members surveyed say MyFitnessPal has helped them make better choices
- 61% of members surveyed say MyFitnessPal has helped them learn something new about themselves