To log this recipe, search the food database for: MyFitnessPal Marinated Mushroom Sweet Potato Tacos
Marinated Mushroom + Sweet Potato Tacos
- 8 ounces Portobello Mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Coriander
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- ¼ teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (adjust to taste)
- 3 medium Sweet Potatoes (approx. 2″ in diameter by 5″ long), peeled and chopped into 1/4″ chunks
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Pinch of salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 8 Corn Tortillas (approx. 50 calories each; certified gluten-free if necessary)
- Optional toppings: plain Greek yogurt or Sour Cream, Cilantro, Avocado, Salsa and/or Hot Sauce
To marinate the mushrooms: Mix seasonings, balsamic vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce in a shallow baking dish. Add mushrooms, toss to coat evenly and let mushrooms marinate for 1-2 hours before cooking.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Drizzle sweet potatoes in cooking oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 45 minutes, until softened and lightly browned.
Heat a skillet over medium heat, add mushrooms and saute until marinade is cooked down to a thick sauce, about 10-12 minutes.
Stir in sweet potatoes and cook an additional 2 minutes.
Assemble tacos and top with sour cream, avocado, fresh cilantro, hot sauce and/or salsa if desired.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 2 tacos (2 corn tortillas each filled with 1/8 of veggie mixture; optional toppings not included) Per serving: Calories: 271; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 195mg; Total Carbohydrate: 43g; Dietary Fiber: 6g; Sugars: 11g; Protein: 6g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 713mg; Vitamin A: 332%; Vitamin C: 29%; Calcium: 10%; Iron: 12%