Active time: 20 minutes Total time: 20 minutes
Gazpacho is a refreshing summer soup, full of crunchy cucumber and juicy tomatoes. By adding fresh mint and lime juice, it tastes a little more like a Mexican-style soup, and a crumble of savory feta adds a savory counterpoint. To reduce sodium, soak the feta cheese in cold water for an hour and drain, pat dry before adding to the soup in the bowl.
Lime Gazpacho With Feta
- 3 cups (700ml) fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup (149g) red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 large green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup (44g) fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup (38g) crumbled feta cheese
Mix the tomatoes and cucumber in a large bowl. Measure 1 1/2 cups of the mixture and place in a food processor or blender. Add the olive oil and process until pureed. Pour back into the bowl. Add the peppers, green onions, mint, lime juice and Worcestershire, stir to mix. Chill until time to serve.
Serves: 2 | Serving Size: 1 cup gazpacho topped with 1 tablespoon feta
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 215; Total Fat: 12g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Monounsaturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 1mg; Sodium: 227mg; Carbohydrate: 25g; Dietary Fiber: 8g; Sugar: 13g; Protein: 7g