Brussels sprouts are rich in fiber as well as vitamins A and C. This simple dish from Eat the Gains is easy to make for meal prep or as a game-day snack. Nutritional yeast gives it a rich, cheesy flavor without dairy. You can also top it with extra hot sauce for more heat.
Cheesy Buffalo Brussels Sprouts
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts (675g), trimmed and cut in half
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, combine the coconut oil, hot sauce, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper. Add Brussels sprouts to a medium bowl and cover with hot sauce mixture. Toss to combine.
Spread Brussels sprouts evenly on the baking sheets and roast for 30–35 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: About 1/2 cup (50g)
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 125; Total Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Monounsaturated Fat: 0.4g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 114mg; Carbohydrate: 16g; Dietary Fiber: 7g; Sugar: 4g; Protein: 7g