Huge news: MyFitnessPal has been selected to work in collaboration with the White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health.
At MyFitnessPal, we’ve always been passionate about empowering people on their journey toward health and wellness.
This amazing collaboration will allow us to help people on a larger scale than ever before—and we’re excited to share the good news!
Responding to the administration’s call to action on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health, we’re committed to offering one million MyFitnessPal Premium memberships to at-risk Americans nationwide by 2030—for free.
Additionally, MyFitnessPal will also:
- Work alongside federally-qualified health centers and other regional agencies to reach the most at-risk populations.
- Support participants with nutrition and wellness content that engages and encourages them throughout their journey.
Our mission at MyFitnessPal has always been to ignite powerful nutrition and wellness change by empowering users to succeed on their own terms—through comprehensive tracking, personalized data-led insights, expert guidance, and unwavering community support. The program, in collaboration with the White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health, directly supports our mission by encouraging and empowering Americans to pursue healthier lifestyles.
In an effort to serve those most at-risk for diet-related diseases—such as heart disease and diabetes—as well as generate measurable change, the program will focus on outreach efforts toward the following groups:
- Underserved communities
- Communities of color
- Low-income families
- Rural Americans
The program will focus on three goals:
- Supporting healthier eating choices – by providing access to a database of over 14 million foods for one million Americans. This can be used to manage dietary habits, reveal how food choices impact health, and increase their knowledge of nutrition.
- Empowering Americans to advocate for their own health – by playing a significant role in disease prevention and management. This is done by providing tangible personal nutrition and health data for Americans as they manage sodium, sugar, fiber, and protein intake.
- Improving access to nutrition, fitness, and wellness content – by offering kick-start plans centered on eating healthy on a budget, as well as tips from registered dietitians, nutritious recipes, exercise demos, and workout routines that will support healthy lifestyles and physical activity for all.
We’re humbled and proud to work in support of the White House to help bring better health to Americans. For more information on the White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health visit the official website, or watch the announcement live at 9am EST on Wednesday, September 28, 2022.