Utilizing just one pan, this comforting pasta from Maebells is one of the more convenient recipes around. Customize it with vegetables for extra nutrients or chicken for added protein. Since it’s ready in 10 minutes and saves cleanup time, it’s a solid alternative to weeknight takeout.
- 3 cups (720 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) white wine
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) heavy cream
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) basil pesto
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) minced garlic
- 4 cups (960 ml) dry penne (one 12-ounce box)
- 1/2–3/4 cup (120–180 ml) shredded mozzarella
- Fresh basil, to garnish
In a large stockpot bring water, wine and cream to a boil.
Add the pesto, garlic and penne. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Check to ensure pasta is tender.
Top with cheese and basil.
Serves: 6 | Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
Per serving: Calories: 313; Total Fat: 20g; Saturated Fat: 8g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 40mg; Sodium: 483mg; Carbohydrate: 26g; Dietary Fiber: 3g; Sugar: 2g; Protein: 9g