Losing weight is a huge accomplishment, but there are so many personal health milestones that can’t be measured in pounds. We recently asked MyFitnessPal users on Facebook, “What non-scale victories are you proud of?” And now we want to high-five all of you! Here’s a short list of your non-scale victories.
My Health has Improved
- “My doctor told me that after more than 20 years, I no longer needed medication for high blood pressure.” —Bob B.
- “I didn’t pick up a cigarette this week.” —Marisa D.
- “I reversed my diabetes! I’ve been off the meds for 6 months and my labs are the best they’ve been in a couple years.” Jodi C.
- “My GERD is gone. Before losing weight, I was taking antacids daily. Now, practically never!” —Marion Y.
- “I have more energy. It’s amazing how much it’s increased.” —Heather K.
Others are Noticing My Success
- “Had my ex walk past me and do a double take.” —Shellie P.
- “In the bank, the tellers were making a huge fuss over my toned arms and shoulders—cool!” —Launa V.
- “The TSA agent looked at my driver’s license, then me, then back to the license, then back to me, and said, ‘Well done!’ with a big smile.” —Andrea L.
- “My daughter can hug me and fit her arms around my middle!” —Jennifer M. B.
- “Someone stopped me in the grocery store and said, ‘Please tell me how I can get legs like that!?’ Best kind of compliment.” —Lisa H.
I’m More in Control
- “I stayed under my daily calorie limit ALL week…love MyFitnessPal!” —Roshawnda W.
- ”Skipped the doughnuts at work.” —Kate P.
- “I drove by McDonalds and didn’t stop—even though I was craving a Quarter Pounder. That was a victory for me!” —Faye W.
- “I broke my Mountain Dew addiction!” —Amanda S.
- “I went grocery shopping and bought all healthy foods.” —Danielle L.
I’m Moving More
- “I can touch my toes.” —Lori T.
- “I walked my kids to school three times, instead of driving!” —Sara S.
- “I ran for 25 minutes without stopping.” —Erin V.
- “I did 18 real pushups. In January I could barely do one. My goal is 20 by the summer solstice. I’ve got this!” —Melissa R. B.
- “I hit 10,000 steps before 11:00am today!” —Lori B.
Siting is Easier, too
- “Being able to get rid of my car seat belt extension and wear a normal seat belt.” —Maggie D.
- “I rode all the roller coasters in the normal seats.” —Matthew S.
- “I slid my drivers seat forward.” —Robin vdM.
- “I was able to sit down in a booth at my favorite restaurant without my stomach squished up against the table.” —Emily L.
- “Sitting down in chair and not worrying about it breaking underneath me.” —John S.
I’m Wearing Smaller Sizes
- “My wedding ring fits again for the first time since before I was pregnant with my now 17-month-old son!” — Tseli M. B.
- “I was able to buy clothes from a regular store, not a specialty store or section, for the first time in a decade!” —Sara M.
- “Having to put three new holes in my belt and remove a link from my watch.” —Scott W.
- “My walking pants keep falling down.” Patrick B.
- “Two pairs of jeans that didn’t fit when I bought them 8 months ago…they fit now!” —Gwendolyn T.
Sometimes the simplest things can have the biggest impact. What non-scale victory has motivated you to continue making healthy choices?