To log this recipe, search the food database for: MyFitnessPal Cauliflower Tabbouleh
MyFitnessPal Cauliflower Tabbouleh
- 1 medium head of Cauliflower
- 1 cup fresh Parsley, chopped
- ½ cup packed fresh Mint leaves, chopped
- 3 Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, quartered or halved (depending on size)
- 1 cup Cucumber, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup Kalamata Olives, pitted and chopped
- 3 small cloves of Garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon ground Turmeric
- ½ teaspoon fine Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
Cut the cauliflower to remove the stem and then chop into pieces small enough to fit into your food processor. Place the cauliflower in food processor and pulse until the cauliflower pieces turn into “cauliflower rice”. You may have to do this in batches, depending on how large your processor is.
Add parsley, mint, green onion and garlic into food processor to chop more finely, if desired.
Place cauliflower rice, parsley, mint, green onion and garlic into a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and toss to mix. Taste and add more salt or pepper if necessary.
Serve chilled or at room temperature. Store covered in the fridge for up to one week.
Serves: 5 | Serving Size: 1 1/4 cups
Per serving: Calories 175 ; Total Fat: 12g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 527mg; Carbohydrate: 15g; Dietary Fiber: 6g; Sugar: 5g; Protein: 5g
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C: 181%; Iron: 18%; Calcium: 11%; Vitamin A: 29%
Brittany Mullins is a health coach, certified NASM personal trainer and author of the blog, Eating Bird Food. Check out her blog or follow her on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for delicious recipes, workouts and tips for living a balanced, healthy life.
Photo courtesy of Brittany Mullins. Original recipe published on Eating Bird Food.