This vegetarian chili calls for hearty butternut squash and black beans, which means it’s high in fiber. One serving provides more than half of your fiber quota for the day and has 15 grams of plant-based protein.
Butternut Squash Black Bean Chili
- 2 cups (300g) butternut squash, diced
- 2 15-ounce (425g) cans black beans, drained
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 15-ounce (425g) can diced tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce (425g) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
Place all ingredients in a large stockpot and simmer until butternut squash is tender and the flavors have melded about 30–40 minutes.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
Per serving: Calories: 281; Total Fat: 0g; Saturated Fat: 0g; Monounsaturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 251mg; Carbohydrate: 56g; Dietary Fiber: 20g; Sugar: 3g; Protein: 15g