Exercising self-control at the holiday table can be quite difficult, especially when tasty, once-a-year dishes are abundant. With the holidays fast approaching, we asked MyFitnessPal users for their tips on navigating the dinner table and preventing holiday weight gain (with some luck!). Here are 10 tips from the community:
1. Enjoyment in moderation!
2. Portion control and don’t discount even the littlest activity.
3. Eat mindfully and savor. If you want more, go back for it.
4. But first, veggies!
5. Save room for homemade goodies. #priorities
6. Log your holidays foods so you know what’s going into your body.
7. Or, plan in advance to have time off from logging.
8. Remember, the leftovers will always be there. You don’t need to overeat.
9. Don’t attend a party hungry or stuffed (and bring a healthy side to share).
10. Limit the booze. Drink water.
What are your go-to tips for avoiding holiday weight gain? Share in the comments below!