This spicy lime chicken salad from Eat Spin Run Repeat gives you a good dose of protein and greens. The recipe only takes 20 minutes, and is bursting with flavor. Make sure to thinly cut the chicken so it cooks quickly.
Spicy Lime Chicken Salad
for the chicken:
- 1 teaspoon coconut or olive oil
- 2 small (about 4.5-ounces each) boneless skinless raw chicken breasts
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
for the rest:
- 5 cups (about 100 grams) baby mixed greens
- 1 cup (150 grams) halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 (150 grams) seedless cucumber, sliced diagonally
- 1 mango (340 grams), pit removed, chopped into cubes
- 2 small green onions, sliced diagonally (white and light green parts)
- 1/2 medium (100 grams) avocado, sliced thinly
- More limes (optional for garnishing and/or squeezing over salads)
Place a skillet over medium heat and add the coconut oil. When fully melted, add the thinly sliced chicken, followed by the lime juice. Sprinkle the paprika and cumin over top of the chicken and stir occasionally until all the pieces are cooked through.
Meanwhile, arrange the greens in 2 bowls. Follow with the cucumber slices, tomatoes, mango cubes, and green onion, lining them up in rows (for extra pretty points!)
When the chicken is cooked, distribute it between the 2 bowls. Top with avocado slices and serve with additional lime wedges.
Serves: 2 | Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
Per serving: Calories: 336; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Monounsaturated Fat: 4g; Trans Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 59mg; Sodium: 297mg; Carbohydrate: 33g; Dietary Fiber: 9g; Sugar: 20g; Protein: 24g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 968mg; Vitamin C: 108%; Vitamin A: 151%; Iron: 17%; Calcium: 17%
Angela is an avid runner, fitness instructor, foodie, healthy living blogger, and owner of Spin 360 Health Coaching. Having lost weight by making healthy lifestyle changes herself, Angela’s goal is to support, inspire, and motivate others to improve their health and be their best. You can find delicious recipes, workouts, and tips for living your best life on her blog, Eat Spin Run Repeat. Connect with her on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Photo courtesy of Angela Simpson.
Original recipe can be found on Eat Spin Run Repeat.