Take your salad on the go with this mason jar quinoa salad recipe from Fit Foodie Finds. Shake up layers of fluffy quinoa, black beans, corn kernels, tomatoes and avocado so that each mouthful is well-coated in the lean Greek yogurt dressing. Twist open and enjoy fork first!
Mason Jar Quinoa Salad
for the salad dressing:
- 1/2 cup (125 g) Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup (8 g) cilantro
- 1 lime (65 g), juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
for the salad
- 2 cups (370 g) cooked quinoa (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 cup (195 g) black beans (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 cup (170 g) corn (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 4 cups (120 g) spinach
- 1 cup (30 g) sliced tomatoes
- 2 medium (200 g each) avocados, diced
To make the dressing, place all ingredients for the salad dressing into a small food processor and process until smooth.
Add 3 tablespoons of salad dressing to the mason jar base. Then add the following ingredients in this order: 1 cup spinach, 1/4 cup tomatoes, 1/2 cup cooked quinoa, 1/4 cup black beans, 1/4 cup corn and 1/2 avocado (diced).
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 mason jar salad
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 393; Total Fat: 21g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Monounsaturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 1mg; Sodium: 244mg; Carbohydrate: 52g; Dietary Fiber: 14g; Sugar: 4g; Protein: 14g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 709mg; Iron: 29%; Vitamin A: 137%; Vitamin C: 50%; Calcium: 11%