This hearty dish from Eat the Gains is packed with fiber and heart-healthy monounsaturated fats. Sweet potatoes, which are rich in vitamin A and potassium, serve as a comforting, gluten-free base for this simple six-ingredient pizza.
Sweet Potato Pizza
- 4 large round sweet potatoes, sliced into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 (170g) cup pizza sauce
- 1 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese (112g), grated
- Crushed red pepper (optional garnish)
- Fresh basil, chopped (optional garnish)
Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
Toss the sweet potato slices with avocado oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread evenly on the baking sheets, leaving about 1 inch between slices.
Bake for 20 minutes, flip and bake for 10 for minutes more, or until golden brown.
Top each slice with roughly a tablespoon of pizza sauce and a sprinkle of cheese. Bake for another 3–5 minutes until cheese is melted.
Top with fresh basil and crushed red pepper, if desired, and serve.
Serves: 8 | Serving Size: About 2 slices
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 179; Total Fat: 8.5g; Saturated Fat: 2.2g; Monounsaturated Fat: 3.7g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 9.4mg; Carbohydrate: 20.5g; Dietary Fiber: 3.4g; Sugar: 8.6g; Protein: 5.2g