Active time: 10 minutes Total time: 10 minutes
Yuzu is an Asian citrus fruit with a slightly floral aroma and sweet-tart flavor that pairs perfectly with ripe strawberries. Look for it in small bottles where Asian ingredients are sold, or substitute equal parts lime and orange juice in a pinch. You’ll get a serving each of fruits and vegetables and the goat cheese and almonds add substance to this salad.
Strawberry Salad With Yuzu Strawberry Vinaigrette
- 1 pint (340g) strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yuzu juice or equal parts fresh lime and orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon white miso
- 1/4 cup (59ml) safflower oil or light olive oil
- 8 cups (120g) loosely packed mixed baby greens, baby spinach or arugula
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (40g) soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup (40g) finely chopped roasted Marcona almonds
In a medium bowl, combine 2 of the sliced strawberries with vinegar, juice, honey and miso. Mash the berries and whisk ingredients together. Gradually whisk in the oil and set aside.
In a large serving bowl, toss the remaining berries, greens and dressing together until leaves are coated. Season the salad with pepper. Sprinkle the cheese and nuts on top and serve immediately.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 4 1/2 cups salad plus 2 tablespoons dressing
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 231; Total Fat: 19g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Monounsaturated Fat: 12g; Cholesterol: 4mg; Sodium: 138mg; Carbohydrate: 13g; Dietary Fiber: 4g; Sugar: 7g; Protein: 6g