Start your morning right with this trendy savory oatmeal. Accented with herbs and topped with a hard‑boiled egg, this oatmeal will be a hit with the whole family.
Savory Herbed Oatmeal
- 4 packets (28g each) Quaker® Regular Instant Oatmeal
- 2 2/3 cups (650 mL) skim milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) shredded white cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley or chives, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced cucumber
- 2 hard‑boiled eggs, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) pepper
Combine 1 packet oatmeal and 2/3 cup milk in 4 individual microwave-safe bowls. Cook each bowl according to package directions. Stir in 1 tablespoon cheese and 1 teaspoon parsley into each serving.
Top each serving with cherry tomatoes, cucumber and half an egg. Sprinkle salt, pepper and remaining parsley on top.
Tip: Serve with hot sauce, if desired. You can also top with leftover cooked chopped vegetables you might have, such as broccoli, asparagus or squash.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 231; Total Fat: 7.3g; Saturated Fat: 2.9g; Monounsaturated Fat: 1.6g; Cholesterol: 116.8mg; Sodium: 366.3mg; Carbohydrate: 29.1g; Dietary Fiber: 3.6g; Sugar: 9.7g; Protein: 14.8g