This creamy smoothie recipe from Hummusapien features tropical dragon fruit, also called pitaya, which you can find at Whole Foods. It’s an excellent source of vitamin C, magnesium, fiber and antioxidants. Combined with chocolate-flavored protein powder and almond milk, it makes for a sweet-savory breakfast bowl that is great post-workout. Adding crumbled chocolate chip cookies is optional … if you want it to be.
Pink Cookie Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl
For the bowl
- 3/4–1 cup (180–240ml) almond milk
- 1 3.5-ounce packet (98g) dragon fruit/pitaya
- 1/2 cup (75g) frozen banana slices
- 1/2 cup (75g) frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- 1 scoop plant-based chocolate protein powder
For the topping
- 1–2 crunchy chocolate chip cookies, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon cacao nibs
Combine the bowl ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth and creamy, adding more almond milk if necessary. It should be nice and thick. Sweeten to taste with pure maple syrup, if desired.
Spoon smoothie into bowl. Top with cookies and cacao nibs.
Serves: 1 | Serving Size: 1 smoothie bowl
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 440; Total Fat: 17g; Saturated Fat: 4.3g; Monounsaturated Fat: 1.5g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 430mg; Carbohydrate: 53g; Dietary Fiber: 12g; Sugar: 26g; Protein: 21g