Are you bored with breakfast but feel you possess some creative juices? Then this is the recipe for you! All you need is a mason jar, rolled oats, and a good flavor palette. I’ll get you started with the recipe below, but feel free to play with your milks, yogurts, and fruits as well as different spices. Just mix it all up and let it chill overnight. Breakfast has never been easier!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup fresh fruit such as cherries, strawberries, or mango, cut into bite-size pieces if necessary
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or almond extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
Place all the ingredients into a mason jar and mix well. Refrigerate overnight, and voilà! It’s ready to go. Eat immediately or enjoy on the road.
Serves: 2 | Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
Per serving: Calories: 472; Total Fat: 24g; Saturated Fat: 7g; Monounsaturated Fat: 7g; Cholesterol: 7mg; Sodium: 165mg; Carbohydrate: 50g; Dietary Fiber: 15g; Sugar: 18g; Protein: 18g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 687mg; Iron: 13%; Vitamin A: 6%; Vitamin C: 39%; Calcium: 87%