Active time: 12 minutes Total time: 30 minutes
This recipe gives you a hearty vegetarian dinner in only 30 minutes and uses just one pan. Loads of tender cauliflower florets mingle with whole-grain pasta that’s brightened with fresh lemon, briny feta cheese and meaty olives.
One-Pot Pasta With Cauliflower, Lemon and Olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces (225g) whole-grain penne
- 6 cups (612g) fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 16 pitted Castelvetrano or other green olives, halved
- 1/2 cup (57g) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup (15g) fresh parsley, chopped (optional garnish)
Heat a large skillet or sauté pan over medium heat. Add oil to the pan and swirl to coat. Add garlic and cook until just golden, about 2 minutes.
Add water, oregano, pepper, salt and pasta. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 6 minutes. Stir in cauliflower; cover and cook until cauliflower and pasta are tender, 6–8 minutes. If some liquid still remains, cook uncovered for 2–3 more minutes.
Remove pan from heat. Stir in lemon juice, zest and olives. Sprinkle with cheese and garnish with parsley, if desired.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: About 2 cups
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 311; Total Fat: 15g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Monounsaturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 17mg; Sodium: 651mg; Carbohydrate: 47g; Dietary Fiber: 9g; Sugar: 5g; Protein 12g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 516mg; Iron: 21%; Vitamin A: 2%; Vitamin C: 55%; Calcium: 17%