Active time: 15 minutes Total time: 15 minutes
Crunchy romaine lettuce, cucumber and onion get tossed with an easy lemon-oregano salad dressing and topped with convenient rotisserie chicken, feta cheese and kalamata olives. It’s a no-cook meal that is sure to satisfy on a hot day.
RD tip: Take advantage of peak summer vegetables like cucumber and tomato with this salad. When they’re in their summer prime, they deliver the most nutrients like lycopene and vitamin K.
No-Cook Greek Chicken Salad
- 3 tablespoons (44ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cups (250g) romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup (120g) English cucumber, sliced into half-moon shapes
- 1 cup (140g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup (24g) red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces (227g) skinless rotisserie chicken breast, shredded
- 1/4 cup (33g) feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 kalamata olives
- 16 multigrain pita chips
In a large bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, oregano, pepper and salt. Add lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes and onion; toss well to coat. Top salad with chicken, cheese and olives. Serve with pita chips.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 2 cups salad and 4 pita chips
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 318; Total Fat: 18g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Monounsaturated Fat: 10g; Cholesterol: 56mg; Sodium: 396mg; Carbohydrate: 16g; Dietary Fiber: 4g; Sugar: 3g; Protein 22g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 488mg; Iron: 5%; Vitamin A: 17%; Vitamin C: 6%; Calcium: 10%
Discover hundreds of healthy recipes — from high protein to low carb — via “Recipe Discovery” in the MyFitnessPal app.