Our goal at MyFitnessPal is to help you embrace the healthy world around you. We do that in lots of ways: from giving you nutritional insights into the foods you eat every day to fostering a community to help you stay focused on your goals. But there’s so much more for us to do.
A restaurant menu item is logged every 3.2 seconds on our app. And yet, one of the biggest pain points for MyFitnessPal users has been making good decisions while eating out. In a recent user survey, we found:
- Almost half of all users eat out at least once per week
- Over 80% of people find it difficult to make healthy food decisions at restaurants
- Nearly 80% would always look at nutrition info before ordering, if it were available
We’ve heard the need for help loud and clear—that’s why we’ve created our new Restaurant Logging feature.
Now, from within your MyFitnessPal app, you can:
- Quickly, easily log restaurant items
- View the calorie and nutrition information from menus of 500,000 restaurants nationwide
- Call up a map of nearby restaurant menus at a glance so you can see which options best fit your calorie and macro goals for the day
If you don’t see a menu item in our app, you can request it. We’re constantly adding new menus to the app.
To access this new feature:
- Open MyFitnessPal.
- Tap the blue + button at the bottom.
- Tap Food
- Select which meal you’d like to log.
- Tap the location icon to the right of the search bar.
- Enjoy Restaurant logging!
screenshot from iOS
screenshot from Android
This feature is rolling out slowly so don’t worry if you don’t see it in the app yet.
Have questions about how to use the new feature? Check out our FAQs page.