You asked for it: a fitness tracking wearable device. AND SANTA DELIVERED. But what do you do now?
Well, you get in the habit of wearing it, first off. The elves at MyFitnessPal suggest keeping it with your phone at night so that it’s easier to remember to put on every morning.
But before you even do that, we suggest syncing your device with your MyFitnessPal account. What’s in it for you?
- Connecting your accounts makes it faster and easier to get exercise information into your account, so you can have a clearer, round-the-clock view into your food AND your fitness.
- Syncing your fitness tracker to MyFitnessPal automatically updates your food diary to give you an extra calorie allowance for the calories you burn, as tracked by your device.
- Best of all, our data scientists have found that MyFitnessPal members who connect their accounts with another fitness device or app are nearly twice as likely to succeed at reaching their health goals as members who haven’t linked up their MyFitnessPal account with any other devices or fitness apps.
Don’t take it from us! We asked a few MyFitnessPal users what they got out of connecting their wearables and other fitness tracking apps to their MyFitnessPal accounts. Here’s what they had to say:
- “I have linked my Fitbit. If I see I haven’t made my step goal for the day, it makes me want to get up and get active to meet it!” – Bobbi J.
- “I just purchased a Jawbone Up24 and it connected very easily with MFP and Map My Run. Great tools to help me on my journey!” – Jamie V.
- “I have the Apple health app and Map My Fitness connected. I love the cross referencing and the way Apple steps shows in MFP.” – Kris B.
- “Yes of course my phone. Thru which I use my Map My Walk and my C25K apps which sync automatically to my MFP! Its fabulous helps so much with my motivation! I’ve lost over 35 lbs and kept it off for 3 years. MFP rocks! I’m baffled why more people don’t use it.” – Melissa G.
To connect your wearable device or fitness app to MyFitnessPal, go to our App Gallery, here, and find the device or app you’d like to link, then follow the instructions from there.
Here’s to a happy, healthy 2015!