Kick off your craving for spice with this hearty vegetable curry by Cooking Light. This vegetarian meal takes 30 minutes to make from start to finish. Sweet potato, cauliflower, chickpeas and tomato will give you a healthy dose of protein and fiber. Top off with a creamy spoon of Greek yogurt and chances are you won’t miss the meat.
Hearty Vegetable Curry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced peeled sweet potato
- 1 cup small cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can low sodium diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sweet potato to pan; sauté 3 minutes. Decrease heat to medium.
- Add cauliflower, onion, and curry powder; cook 1 minute, stirring mixture constantly.
- Add broth, salt, chickpeas and diced tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with cilantro; serve with yogurt.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 cup + 2 tablespoons yogurt
Per serving: Calories: 280; Total Fat: 5g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 3mg; Sodium: 299mg; Total Carbohydrate: 45g; Dietary Fiber: 12g; Sugars: 11g; Protein: 14g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 746mg; Vitamin A: 100%; Vitamin C: 31%; Calcium: 11%; Iron: 22%
Find more low-calorie dinner meals like this from the new Cooking Light Diet, where you can lose weight without giving up the foods you love. Learn more at CookingLightDiet.com. Follow Cooking Light on Facebook and Pinterest for more daily recipe inspiration.
Follow Cooking Light on Facebook for daily recipe inspiration.