What it means to be fit depends on who you ask. What is clear, though, is there are many different ways — from diet to exercise — to approach fitness. Looking back on the year, we sifted through the articles we published on the subject and selected the ones that resonated the most with you.
These 10 are worthy of a read — or a re-read.
1. The Surprising Truth About Fasted Cardio
Fasted cardio is a tricky subject and definitely not a silver bullet for weight loss.
2. 4 Reasons why Your Cardio Addiction Won’t Help You Lose Weight
Busting some major myths and misconceptions about the cardio and weight-loss connection.
3. Skip These 5 Foods if You’re Working Out Soon
It’s a little common sense, but worth pointing out, that we need quick energy pre-workout. Save the fiber and protein for after.
4. Eat Like a Trainer: 8 Trainer-Approved Breakfast Recipes
It’s not all protein shakes and oats on this list, which is the good news. There’s a breakfast for each day of the week and one more for good luck.
5. Why Your Workout Might Not Be Working
Not every workout is for everyone. If your body isn’t responding to Pilates, try an indoor cycling class.
6. 19 Ways to Trick Yourself into Working Out (When You Want to do Anything But)
We all know we’ll feel better after we work out, but some days it’s harder to motivate than others, which is when these tricks come in handy.
7. How Building Muscle Boosts Fat Loss
The more muscle you have, the more calories your body burns at its baseline as you rest.
8. 5 Culprits Behind Your Fitness Plateau
If you’re not seeing results or you’re losing motivation, these culprits might be at play.
9. Are 3 Workouts a Week Enough for Weight-Loss Results?
In addition to quantity, the quality of your workouts matter.
10. High Reps or Low Reps for Fat Loss?
Here, we tackle some common myths about strength training.