This simple chicken salad from Eating Bird Food is packed with protein and comes together in less than 20 minutes. It’s a great way to use leftover meal prep chicken and curry powder adds delicious flavor.
Curry Chicken Salad
- 2 cups (270g) chicken, shredded
- 3/4 cup (50g) celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50g) raisins
- 1/4 cup (50g) red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup (58g) avocado or olive oil mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons cashews (optional)
In a large bowl, stir together mayo, apple cider vinegar, curry powder, pepper and salt.
Add shredded chicken, celery, raisins and red onion to the bowl. Stir until well combined.
Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed and top with cashews if using. Serve sandwiched between bread, in lettuce wraps or over a bed of greens.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 226; Total Fat: 8g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 75mg; Sodium: 252mg; Carbohydrate: 10g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 6g; Protein: 27g