Active time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Whole-wheat naan (Indian flatbread) makes a great base for miniature pizzas. Indian jarred Tikka Masala sauce (look for a low-sodium brand like Maia Kaimal) makes a delicious substitute for pizza sauce and rotisserie chicken breast adds protein in this super-simple recipe that’s ready in just 15 minutes.
- 4 (85g) whole-wheat naan breads (I used Whole Foods Market brand)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Tikka Masala Indian Simmer Sauce (Maia Kaimal is the lowest sodium)
- 1 rotisserie chicken breast, skin discarded, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup (56g) part-skim mozzarella, grated
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup (33g) cucumber, chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons (5g) cilantro, chopped
Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C). Place the breads on a baking sheet. Spread 2 tablespoons of simmer sauce on each bread. Place the chicken and tomatoes evenly over the breads and then sprinkle with cheese. Bake until the bread is crisp on the edges and the cheese is bubbly, 10 minutes.
While the naan-zzas are baking, make the yogurt sauce. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, cucumber, salt and cayenne pepper.
Remove from oven and drizzle 2 tablespoons of yogurt mixture over each naan-zza. Sprinkle cilantro evenly and cut each naan into 4 pieces and serve.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 naan
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 414; Total Fat: 16g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Monounsaturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 70mg; Sodium: 629mg; Carbohydrate: 48g; Dietary Fiber: 6g; Sugar: 7g; Protein: 20g