From what to wear to sleep to simple yoga moves to a 31-day plan for a healthy lifestyle, we covered a lot of wellness-related ground this year — and learning about collagen as well as things to avoid for better sleep were just icing on the cake. After all, sleep and recovery does a body good.
Here, our 10 most-read wellness stories of the year, plus a bonus editor’s pick — taking it to 11.
1. Can Apple Cider Vinegar Fix All Your Problems
Whatever your stance on ACV, we can all agree it’s not great on the teeth; consider yourself warned.
2. Is Sleeping Naked Better For Your Health?
What you wear or don’t wear to bed may impact a few factors from insomnia to your relationship.
3. 3 Hormones to Keep in Mind For Weight Loss
Leptin, ghrelin and, of course, cortisol are hormones that regulate our sleep, stress response and hunger signals, which all play a role in our overall health and well-being.
4. 6 Things Healthy People Do Every Morning
These surprisingly simple habits build upon each other, and, before you know it, you’re a morning person. (OK, it might not be that easy.)
5. Ways to Lose Weight That Don’t Involve Diet or Exercise
Now, diet and exercise are the main factor for weight loss, but things like less clutter and the smell of peppermint can actually help.
6. Why it Matters What You Wear to Sleep When Training
Every athlete knows sleep affects performance, so it follows that what you wear to sleep affects how you sleep, which affects how you perform.
7. 5-Pose Yoga Fix: Yoga For Sciatica Relief
We love the entire 5-Pose Yoga Fix series, but this one for sciatic relief is especially good to help strengthen and stretch a commonly weak and tight area that often results from sitting too much.
9. 5 Ways You Could Be Sabotaging Your Health (and How to Fix Them)
Procrastinating, not getting outside and unlimited social media time are — not surprisingly — cutting into your pursuit of a healthier lifestyle.
10. 31 Ways to a Healthier You
In the spirit of small changes leading to big results, this 31-day healthy plan can be a game-changer.
11. What You Need to Know About Magnesium
This unsung mineral is getting the attention it deserves, especially given this go-go-go world we live in.