Successful weight loss requires a balanced diet and exercise plan that incorporates cardio and resistance training. However, this year we learned that other factors, such as hormones and visualization, can play an important role. Here, our top 10 weight-loss stories of 2018 plus a bonus editor’s pick.
1. 3 Keys for Weight Loss You Need to Know Now
Cardio, strength training and counting calories are not all created equal when it comes to weight loss.
2. Which is Harder: Losing Weight or Keeping it Off?
It’s often harder to maintain weight loss since your metabolism slows and hormones change, but we’ve got tips to help you stay on track.
3. Ask the RD: Is Intermittent Fasting Really Helpful For Weight Loss?
Brush up on the three types of intermittent fasting and find out if it might be right for you.
4. 3 Hormones to Keep in Mind For Weight Loss
Losing weight isn’t just about diet and exercise — your hormones play a key role as well.
5. How Water Weight Affects Weight Loss
It’s normal for your water weight to fluctuate daily and drinking water can actually help you lose weight.
6. The One Mental Trick That May Aid Weight Loss
New research shows the power of visualization in achieving your weight-loss goals.
7. Do Men Really Lose Weight Faster Than Women?
Gender differences apply for both weight loss and maintenance.
8. 4 Weight-Loss Trends Dietitians Want You to Forget
In 2018, RDs suggested skipping trendy meal replacement shakes, MCT oil and more.
9. 7 Habits That Can Help You Lose Weight
Small changes add up — like prioritizing protein at breakfast and drinking more water.
10. 4 Emotional Factors of Weight Loss That Nobody Talks About
Weight loss doesn’t just transform you physically, it can also force you to reassess your inner monologue.
11. Experts Debate: Should You Weigh Yourself Every Day?
The number on the scale is only one piece of the health puzzle and experts argue for and against the daily weigh in.