Finding the perfect side dish is tricky business. Since your main course is going to take up most of your time (and energy), you want the healthy side dish recipes you opt for to be extremely low maintenance. Therein lies the problem—how are you supposed to find dishes that are both totally delicious and easy to make?
Well, you don’t have to, because we found them for you. Each one of these 11 recipes call for just three ingredients (plus a dash of salt and pepper, naturally). Mix them up while your main is cooking, and they’ll be ready to eat when you’re ready to eat.
1. MINI STUFFED PEPPERS FROM A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
These peppers are as cute as they are delicious. A Spicy Perspective fills hers with an herbaceous goat cheese, but you can use whichever creamy filling you prefer (maybe even cream cheese!). Get the recipe.
2. 2-INGREDIENT ROASTED TOMATO DIP FROM THE FITCHEN
Roasting the tomatoes before blending them with goat cheese gives them a slightly deeper caramelized flavor. The Fitchen recommends serving this dip with toasted baguette slices. Get the recipe.
3. CREAM CHEESE WONTON DIP FROM CREME DE LA CRUMB
Sweet and sour sauce is the secret ingredient behind this tantalizing dip. Get the recipe.
4. BACON-WRAPPED DATES FROM GIMME SOME OVEN
Bacon + dates + blue cheese = perfection. In fact, this recipe is so good with just those ingredients, it doesn’t even call for salt or pepper! Get the recipe.
5. GRILLED PESTO CHICKEN SKEWERS FROM WELL PLATED
You can never go wrong with a side of grilled, pesto-y chicken. Bonus points for serving it on a skewer. Get the recipe.
6. ROASTED PARMESAN-PESTO POTATOES FROM TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
Back at it again with the pesto. These potatoes taste as delicious as they look. Get the recipe.
7. 2-INGREDIENT HUMMUS DEVILED EGGS FROM EATING BIRD FOOD
If you love deviled eggs, prepare to be obsessed with this simple recipe. By combining the yolks with hummus, you’re getting a zesty, creamy filling without a bunch of extra ingredients. Get the recipe.
8. HONEY-MUSTARD GLAZED CARROTS FROM JOYFUL HEALTHY EATS
Honey, mustard, and carrots—those ingredients (and an oven) are all you need to make this low-cal side. Get the recipe.
9. BARBECUE-SOY CHICKEN DRUMBSTICKS FROM CAFE DELITES
Barbecue and soy is the sweet and savory flavor combo we never knew we needed. Try it out in this chicken recipe. Get the recipe.
10. SWEET POTATO PUFFS FROM THE LEAN GREEN BEAN
A mix of baked sweet potato, goat cheese, and almonds creates a sweet side treat that will satisfy your sugar cravings. Get the recipe.
11. LEMON-GARLIC STRING BEANS FROM FANNETASTIC FOOD
This green bean recipe is delicate and tantalizing. Flash them in a pan with a bit of lemon and garlic and your whole kitchen will smell like heaven. Get the recipe.