Self-care, sleep and recovery were major buzzwords this year, and our list of most popular wellness stories backs up this trend. In light of our subject matter, let’s pause, take a nice deep breath and quietly read (or re-read) about how to treat ourselves right.
Here, our 10 most popular wellness stories of the year, plus a bonus editor’s pick — taking it to 11. Cheers to a peaceful and happy 2020!
1. 4 Reasons You’re Tired All the Time (Beyond Lack of Sleep)
You carve out the standard 7–9 hours, you put away devices, regulate your thermostat and practice good sleep hygiene, yet you’re still tired. What gives?
2. Should You Get an Extra Hour of Sleep or a Workout
Sleep and exercise are both important, but one might edge out the other, just slightly. At the end of the day, if you can’t fit both in, you might consider revising your schedule.
3. 4 Telltale Marks of High Inflammation to Watch
Occasional, acute inflammation may be generally OK, but chronic inflammation isn’t.
4. 5 Foods to Avoid For a Better Night’s Sleep
Nothing on the list (hello, caffeine and sugar) will surprise you, but most of the things on this list might be hard to give up. Luckily it doesn’t have to be all or nothing.
6. Your 19-Day Plan to Make 2019 Your Best Year Yet
It doesn’t have to be 2019 do try this plan. But if you want to add one more day, go right ahead and make it your 20-day plan in 2020.
7. 5 Common Habits That Sabotage Your Self Control
The more you practice self control, the stronger it’ll get. To get started, removing distractions, clutter, etc. might help.
9. The One Trick to Feeling No Guilt When You Skip the Gym
We’re beginning to learn the power of mindfulness when it comes to weight loss and healthy living. So if it helps us maintain perspective about working out, too, then bring it on.
10. Can Yoga Help With Weight Loss?
In terms of calorie burn, the easy answer is no. But to help reduce stress, sleep better and be more mindful (see number 9), yoga could be that lifestyle change that hits all areas of your life.
11. The Biggest Sleep Hack You Might Be Missing
Establishing good habits isn’t easy, but once the habit is formed, things tend to fall into place.
READ OUR MOST POPULAR STORIES OF THE YEAR