If you shy away from pancakes because they don’t have enough protein, these moist protein-packed pancakes were made for you! Greek yogurt is thick, creamy and a popular lean protein that gives this dish a tangy flavor. Each satisfying stack of pancakes is topped with fresh blueberries. You can also serve with a ripe banana or maple syrup if desired.
- 1/2 cup (63 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs (50 grams per egg)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (245 grams) 2% fat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup (50 grams) fresh blueberries (for garnish)
Add dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder and salt) to a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients (eggs, vanilla extract and Greek yogurt) until well mixed.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir together until well combined.
Spray your pan or griddle with cooking spray and place onto stove on medium-low heat. Use a 1/4 cup to portion out pancakes that are about 4 inches in diameter.
Cook pancakes until the bottom side is brown (about 3-4 minutes), then flip the pancakes. You’ll notice that these pancakes won’t bubble up like traditional pancakes. Leave extra room in the pan because the pancakes may splatter when you flip them.
After flipping the pancake, cook until the other side is brown (about 2-3 minutes). Repeat with remaining batter.
Top pancakes with blueberries, and enjoy.
Serves: 2 | Serving Size: 4 (4” pancakes)
Per serving: Calories: 297; Total Fat: 8g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 196mg; Sodium: 676mg; Carbohydrate: 35g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 9g; Protein: 20g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 146mg; Iron: 12%; Vitamin A: 6%; Vitamin C: 8%; Calcium: 21%
Energizing Tips (optional)
- Serve with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter for more calories, fat and protein. (Per serving: Calories: 402; Total Fat: 17g; Carbohydrate: 38g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 10g; Protein: 24g)
- Serve with 2 tablespoons maple syrup for more calories and sweetness. (Per serving: Calories: 401; Total Fat: 8g; Carbohydrate: 62g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 33g; Protein: 20g)
- Serve with 1 ripe medium banana for more calories and natural sweetness. (Per serving: Calories: 402; Total Fat: 8g; Carbohydrate: 62g; Dietary Fiber: 4g; Sugar: 23g; Protein: 21g